Advert – Head of Health and Safety
- Would you like to be a part of the health and safety leadership team of a globally recognised, iconic brand and the largest airport in the UK, which handles over 75 million international passengers annually?
- Are you an experienced health and safety leader who enjoys a role which ecompasses both strategic and operational objectives which will deliver health and safety support to a site with over 75,000 colleagues and 400 organisations?
- Do you have a track record of delivering change and transformation programmes within an environment without a strict regulatory framework?
If so, we may have the exact role for you….
A rare and prestigious leadership opportunity has arisen within Heathrow Airport to join as the Head of Health and Safety for Operations and Support Functions.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Director, this role is critical to driving the highest health and safety standards, enabling a safe and efficient operation so that everyone reaches their home or destination safe and well. Why the Head of Health and Safety position is something you should apply for:
The successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- Heathrow is one of the world’s busiest airports, is a critical national infrastructure and global brand. With more than 75,000 colleagues working in 400 organisations, enabling over 75 million passengers to travel every year there really is no place like it for a health and safety (H&S) professional.
- Whilst this is currently a leadership role, there is potential for further growth and development in line with expansion plans
- The role sits on the Fire, Health, Safety and Wellbeing (FHSW) Leadership team and will co-own the development and delivery of Heathrow’s overall FHSW strategy with the scope of the role including the H&S of all directly employed colleagues and determining and ensuring assurance of standards across ‘Team Heathrow’.
- Heathrow champion diversity and inclusion and they help and encourage colleagues to give something back to good causes.
- Heathrow are currently preparing for ISO 45001 accreditation which this role would take a leading role in delivering
In return the successful Head of Health and Safety will receive an attractive compensation package consisting:
- Possess exceptional leadership skills of a dynamic, business partnering team
- Have a proven track record in working collaboratively within a high risk, organisation with an exposure to different types of operations
- Demonstrate previous success in delivering transformational change programmes, not just strategic vision, but practical execution and operational delivery
- Hold a high level of gravitas, winning hearts and minds across the organisation, in particular at executive level
- Have a collaborative mindset, to engage with the 400 companies and 81k passholders within LHR
- Attractive Base Salary
- £6,000 travel allowance
- Up to 12% employer pension contribution
- Yearly bonus of between 20-40%
- LTIP scheme
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to eight days of public holiday
- Free travel on the Heathrow Express at any time
- Plus much more!
If this could be of interest, please apply through our retained executive search partners, GS2 Partnership, who are exclusively managing this process.