Head of Health and Safety
- Are you inspired by working within a dynamic, people-orientated organisation that focuses on exceptional health and safety performance?
- Would working for an entrepreneurial organisation that gives you autonomy and a creative licence to deliver safety differently interest you?
- Do you believe reporting directly to a Managing Director creates the environment to succeed within an expanding and growing infrastructure and civil engineering organisation?
If so, look no further…
A unique and distinguished position has arisen for a Head of Health and Safety to lead the Uk Rail Business Unit at John Sisk & Son, an innovative engineering and construction company, synonymous with progression and long term thinking. Reporting into the Managing Director for the UK Rail Business Unit, this role is a critical member of the leadership team, providing strategic leadership and guidance on the business objectives, ensuring health, safety, sustainability and quality standards are aligned. It will also work closely with the group central team of the firm, working alongside other Health, Safety, Sustainability and Quality Leaders. Why the Head of Health and Safety position is something you should apply for:
The successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- John Sisk & Son are a people focused organisation, constantly striving for ways to look after their people
- Whilst the business has grown significantly to €1.5bn it is still family owned, with a caring mentality and entrepreneurial spirit
- You will have the opportunity to lead the HSSQ function for the high growth rail division with the autonomy to shape and grow the function.
- The position is part of a leadership team, with a close working relationship with executive leadership team who have a genuine interest in exceptional HSSQ performance and will provide a great level of support
In return the successful Head of Health and Safety will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of:
- Possess exceptional communication and team leadership skills
- Have experience within similarly complex environments, with diverse risk profiles including rail, infrastructure, engineering, hard fm amongst others.
- Have a proven track record of leading transformational business change, initially at a strategic level, but equally with practical execution and delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to sit as part of a business unit leadership team, within a matrix environment
- An attractive base salary, which is flexible dependent upon experience
- Your choice of a company car, or a car allowance
- Annual bonus up to 10%
- Lucrative Pension Scheme
- Private medical for individual and partner
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
If this could be of interest, please apply now through our retained partners, safety and sustainability executive search organisation, GS2 Partnership.