HSE Director - Formula E
The HSE Director at Formula E will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the strategic HSE plan, to ensure the huge scope of operations associated with the organisation and any event are mitigated to tolerable levels.
As risks arise during both planning and operational phases, it will be the role holder’s responsibility to work with key stakeholders on implementing pragmatic solutions. Key Deliverables:
The HSE Director will report to the Chief Legal and Business Affairs Officer, and lead a health and safety team of four including 2x Senior HSE Managers, one HSE Manager/Coordinator and one Contract Manager. The successful individual will be ensuring that all operations for our global 16-race calendar are delivered safely. What You Will Be Doing:
- Implement a proportionate and risk-based program to identify trends, provide strategic insight, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop the HSE Management System by implementing a comprehensive suite of Policies, SOP’s, and Guidance documents
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for HSE where risks arise
- Manage a Team of 3 HSE personnel and 1 Contract Manager
Requirements: Experience required:
- Leading global health and safety programmes across operations is essential
- Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional health, safety and environmental leadership with an engaging, personable and credible communication style
- Be an adaptable and resilient individual, used to working in a fast paced environment
- Be keen and interested in global travel, working alongside and within a variety of cultures
- Able to travel internationally for races. Work flexible hours at events, including weekends and bank holidays.
About Formula E
- A basic salary of £120,000 - £130,000 dependent on experience
- Up to 10% Discretionary Bonus
- Private medical insurance, Health Cash Plan
- Life assurance
- 2 paid days off per year to volunteer for a charity, along with birthday time off
- Enhanced paid maternity and paternity leave
- And so much more!
Formula E is the fastest growing motorsport on the planet. It is innovative, brave and disruptive by design. With over 100 races in some of the world’s most iconic cities, it continues to break boundaries and records alike. Born from humble beginnings, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is now home to some of the planet’s most talented and daring drivers supported by world leading manufacturers such as McLaren and Porsche.
Formula E, however, has a unique purpose bigger than racing itself. It was founded to counteract climate change through accelerating the development and adoption of electric vehicles; pioneering the race to road technology that is at the cutting edge of innovation.
Its mission though has since evolved, recognising the wider social and environmental benefits it can deliver through driving sustainable human progress and better futures for all. As the world’s first sport certified Net Zero Carbon since inception with multiple leading initiatives that support both people and the planet, it serves as an example of how high-performance sport and sustainability can powerfully coexist.
With a blend of world class sport, sustainability and scintillating entertainment, it inspires and thrills a global fanbase. Now racing in more cities than ever before with the world’s fastest, lightest, most powerful and efficient electric race car, the GEN3, Formula E is delivering a unique fusion that many didn’t know existed or thought was even possible. Working With Formula E
At Formula E, we’re unique. Founded to be bold, ambitious and innovative, we have electric energy in our DNA. We’ve therefore created an environment that supports our colleagues as we continue our mission so that everyone can reach their individual potential while being part of a close-knit team.
We’re curious, brave and thoughtful; having a relenting desire to push boundaries both at and away from our races. With a mission that is far greater than producing world-class events, we value both humanity and the planet just the same. It’s why we believe that work should be fun, meaningful and impactful, valuing the importance of supporting each other and how success can only be achieved as part of a wider collective team.
Using the spectacle of sport, we are sending a powerful and meaningful message to help alter perceptions and speed-up the switch to electric mobility. We also operate as a testbed to push the development of new technologies needed for an electric, low-carbon future.