- Location:London, Greater London, South East, England
- Sector:Sustainable Impact
- Salary:£70000 - £76000 per annum
- Publish date:07/02/2024
- Job ID:V-32245
● Would you like to work for an organisation at the heart of decarbonisation and play an integral role in accomplishing this?
● Do you want to be a part of a sustainability minded FTSE250 business who provide a great level of support from a sustainability function?
● Are you passionate about contributing to ambitious sustainability targets including Biodiversity Net Positive Impact (NPI) and SBTI?
If so, look no further...
A unique and distinguished position has arisen for an established sustainability professional to lead sustainability at South Western Railway, a train operating company with over 5,500
employees that is owned by First Group, a FTSE 250 £4.5Bn turnover business.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Affairs this will be a critical member of the public affairs, communications and community team, allowing for cross functional translation and adoption of sustainability strategy.
Why the Sustainability Lead position is something you should apply for:
● This is an opportunity to join a company that is integral to decarbonisation and promoting sustainable travel
● You will work within an organisation which sits between the public and private sectors, giving a unique perspective to sustainable development
● With collaboration within the wider First Group sustainability network, the successful individual will be part of a community to engage with like minded peers around best practice, whilst having the opportunity to deliver this operationally within SWR.
● South Western Railway hold a people-focused approach at the core of their values, with learning and development opportunities available
The successful Sustainability Lead will have:
● Broad sustainability experience across environment, social and nature, with knowledge and understanding of ISO14001 AND ISO50001
● Technical expertise around UK sustainability regulatory requirements
● A proven track record of team leadership of a sustainability function with a high-level of both gravitas and credibility
● The ability to build relationships cross-functionally and be comfortable talking and engaging at all levels within a matrix organisation
● Have experience within similarly complex environments, with diverse risk profiles including transportation, engineering, travel and logistics
● A degree level qualification within an environmental, sustainability or engineering related subject
In return the successful Sustainability Lead will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of:
● Basic salary of £70k-£76k, dependent on experience
● Market leading pension scheme
● Free travel on SWR network for successful individual, along with spouse and dependants
● 26 days annual leave per annum with the possibility to buy extra
● Healthcare Cash Plan
● Various travel and non-travel related discounts
If this could be of interest, please apply now through our retained partners, sustainability executive search organisation, GS2 Partnership.