Do you enjoy working within the property and development sector, driving sustainable design, construction, innovation and transformation?
Would you enjoy working for a FTSE 250 listed organisation, with £2.5bn of real estate assets to unlock their full potential?
Are you a collaborative, solutions focused person who enjoys working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, both internally and externally, along with engaging across the wider industry? If so, look no further…
A prestigious position has arisen for a Sustainability Manager to join GPE, a highly respected central London property investment and development company quoted on the London Stock Exchange which owns around £2.5 billion of real estate.
Reporting to the Sustainability Lead, this Sustainability Manager position will assist the Sustainability Lead in supporting the development team and customer experience team in integrating sustainability across the business. Why the Sustainability Manager position is something you should apply for:
The successful Sustainability Manager will:
- You will be working for a well thought of, market leading, customer focused business
- As a friendly and social employer, GPE constantly finds ways to bring their staff and customers together in a more informal capacity.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion, there is a focus on this through various work streams and dedicated employee impact groups.
- You will be working for one of the industry's market leaders on sustainability and innovation eg. Their first net zero carbon building at 50 Finsbury Square and the world's first platinum rated smart score building at The Hickman
- Sustainability as a function reports into the CEO, ensuring it is given the time and attention to make significant changes within the company, and the Sustainability and Social Impact Director is a member of the Executive Committee.
- Working with a committed and high performing sustainability team with clear development opportunities in the function.
In return the successful individual will receive an attractive compensation package consisting:
- Have a proven track record sustainability performance within the construction and infrastructure environment, with particular development, design, embodied carbon, sustainable construction expertise
- Work closely with the Development Managers, Project Managers, Customer Experience team and the Technical Services team.
- Liaise with the Sustainability Analyst to support our customers in reducing their energy consumption to support reductions in business scope 3 emissions.
- Collaborate with the development team to improve measurement of embodied carbon, particularly in our fit out projects and smaller refurbishment projects
- Have a knowledge of social impact to work with business leads to integrate social impact creation across the business
If this could be of interest, please apply now through our retained partners and sustainability executive search organisation GS2 Partnership.
- Competitive basic salary
- Competitive bonus
- Employer pension contribution equal to 15% of salary (no employee contribution required)
- Employer paid private healthcare insurance – family cover
- Employer paid private dental insurance – family cover
- Paid holiday – 25 days plus ability to buy a further 5 days through salary sacrifice.
- Additionally, the office shuts between Christmas and New Year and whilst not contractual this provides a further 3 days’ paid leave
- Luncheon vouchers to the value of £10 per week
- Life Assurance Cover – 4 x annual salary
- Permanent Health (disability) Insurance Cover
- Company loan for season ticket purchase (following 3 months’ employment)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (following 3 months’ employment)